2023-2024 Board / Officers
Past President: Lisa Racine
President: Bob Keller
President Elect: Adrienne Trzonkowski
Senior Delegate: John Emberger
Junior Delegate: Mike Treut
Treasurer: Nadia Boussalham
Secretary: Kristin Daskilewicz
New Castle Director at Large: L'Tanya Pierce
Kent Director at Large:Lynell Jones
Sussex Director at Large: Leah Clark
Please email email@example.com if you would like this information.
Board of Directors
The Executive Government of this Society shall be vested in a board of eight (8) Active Members consisting of the Officers and three (3) members, in good standing, elected as Directors at Large; one (1) from each of the three (3) voting districts in the State of Delaware, New Castle County, Kent County and Sussex County.
The Delegate/ alternate to the AARC House of Delegates will serve as an ex-officiol member on the Board of Directors and shall have the power of voice, and vote.
Members of the Board of Directors shall not concurrently be members of the Respiratory Care Accreditation Board or the National Board of Respiratory Care.
The President shall be the Chair and Presiding Officer of the Board of Directors. The President shall invite, in writing, such individuals to the meeting of the Board as deemed necessary, who shall have the privilege of voice but note of vote.
The Board of Directors shall have the power to declare an office vacant by a two-thirds (2/3) vote, upon refusal, neglect or inability of any member of the Board to perform the duties of office, or for any conduct deemed prejudicial to the Society. Written notice, sent by certified mail, shall be given to the member that the office has been declared vacant.
Board Member Elections
The term of President, President-Elect and Immediate Past-President shall be for two (2) years each. The term of Secretary and Treasurer shall be for a two (2) year term each. All elected officers’ term begin January 1.
The incumbent officers shall remain in office until such date and until their respective successors assume office. The Secretary and Treasurer shall not serve for more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same office. No officer shall hold concurrent elected offices.
Becoming a Board Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Board of Directors please contact the Nomination Committee. To be considered for nomination you must be in good standing with the AARC and DSRC. You will also be asked to provide to the committee a list of professional accomplishments to the field and community as well as the organization.
Board Member Duties
1. Preside as Chair over all regular and special meetings and the annual meeting of the
Society’s membership and all meetings of the Board of Director
2. Prepare an agenda for each meeting at which they will preside and assure that the
meetings are effectively coordinated and conducted;
3. Appoint Standing Committee(s) and Special Committees subject to the approval of the
Board of Directors
4. Be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nomination Committee or as
otherwise provided in the Bylaws.
5. Present to the Board of Directors and membership an annual report of the Society.
6. Assure that all officers, directors, committee chairs, and representatives of the Society
fulfill their duties.
7. Retain the fiduciary responsibility for all Society activities during their term.
8. Succeed to Immediate Past Presidency when the Immediate Past-President’s term ends.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors.
1. Become Acting President and shall assume the duties of the President in the event of
the President’s absence, resignation or inability to fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
2. Succeed to the Presidency when the President’s terms ends.
3. Use their term in preparation for the Presidency.
4. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
1. Account for the moneys of this Society and disburse funds under the direction of the
President in accordance with the approved budget.;
2. Be responsible for the continuing record of all income and disbursements and submit a
quarterly trial balance to the Board of Directors within twenty (20) business days after the
closing of the books.
3. Prepare and submit in writing an annual report of the finances of the Society for the
preceding year to the Board of Directors and the membership.
4. Respond to inquires from the Board of Directors, Delegate, Committee Chairs,
President, and the general membership regarding the fiscal operation and affairs of the
5. Be bonded in such sum as required by the Board of Directors.
6. Participate in annual budget planning and development with respect to the Society’s
7. Assist external auditors in conducting formal audits, as recommended by the Board of
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
1. Be responsible for recording the minutes of the proceedings of all regularly scheduled
and special meetings of the Society.
2. Attest to the signature of the officers of the Society.
3. Send to the Society’s Board of Directors and Executive Office of the AARC a copy of
the minutes of every Society and Board of Directors meeting within ten (10) days
following the meeting.
4. Prepare and submit reports as may be required by the AARC.
5. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
1. Advise and consult with the President.
2. Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
Director at Large
1. Be a liaison to the county he/she represents.
Delegate / Delegate Elect
1. The role of the Delegate is to represent Delaware at the semi-annual AARC House of
Delegates (HOD) meetings. The information shared/learned at the AARC HOD meetings
is then communicated to the DSRC general membership.
2. Preparing the DSRC newsletter and Membership Chairperson.